Monday, July 27, 2015

P-Day 3

Hi Mom!

I SAW A MOOSE AND I ALMOST PET IT!  We were at the scout office doing service. Some worker was like I saw a moose out by the porch in the woods. I'm like heck to the yeah I'm going to see my moose. So I go to the back door where the porch is. I open the door and step outside. I turn around and BAM The moose and I are like an arms length apart. I could reach and touch it's nose he was so close. We stared at each other then he moozied around. He wasn't aggressive. BUT A MOOSE. I could literally feel him breathing.  My iPad was in the car because we were doing service so no picture of a moose.

I ran into the Hmong Jesus.  So the Hmong people have some folktales (which are basically bible stories). One of them is about Shiv Yis. He came and taught and healed the Hmong people and he died and will come back again. This guy insists he is him.  He wants to team up with us. We do need a ward mission leader! Change some of his doctrines and baptize him. He has potential! 

We tracted into 4 potential families this week. The aren't super receptive now but they will in the future. We are only spending about an hour a week finding. We are so busy getting everybody who is on date ready for baptism. In the next month or so when everyone is baptized we have about 6-7 families plus Jainey and Anthony we can start focusing on. We are so busy! I came at a good time when the work is hastened. I love the Hmong branch!! 4 more are being baptized next Saturday! Va Me Jimmy and Alisa. 

So words in Hmong are set up in the same way for every word. There are three parts to a word. The first part is the consonant. The second is a vowel. The third is the tone. The first two parts make up the pronunciation. The last part is how it is said. It's weird Fwm and fwv are pronounced the same exact way. The m is a short quick tone. The v is a falling to rising tone. So they are pronounced the same but said differently. Fwm is honor, while fwv is charismatic, or cool! Then there are some words like Vajtswv are two words combined basically (Vajtswv is God and I think literally it means Holy Father) It's basically Vaj and Tswv but combined. So you pronounce Vaj with the tone and then Tswv with its tone. It's simple but hard. There are like 10 different tones.

Birthday.. We had to give one of the guitars back. It was a loner for a while so I think I am going to buy a new one. Could you put my birthday money in my acc? I think I'm going to get it today then save the birthday money.

Glad to hear that everything is going well! What about your job?

Shib Ntsib Dua!
Your favorite missionary (and son :P)





No comments:

Post a Comment