Monday, June 19, 2017

P-Day 102

Nyob zoo!

Sorry... no motivation to write. So I will give a brief summary of the
week: Tracting haha. So I sent some videos of a man we had meet. His
name is Siv Yis. So some backstory, me and my trainer had met him way
back almost 2 years ago.

But Siv Yis is a Hmong folktale. He was the "first shaman." He had
come down and taught the people and healed them. His teachings were
written in a book that cannot be read until he comes again. (Sound
familiar?)

But this man says he is Siv Yis. But he believes in Christianity and
Shaman. He believes that Shamanism is for the Hmong and he is their
savior and Christ is for everyone else. He made some crazy
prophecies..... He talked to me all about the problems in the world
such as snakes and dragons and earthquakes etc. etc. He has some of
the old Hmong Phab Ej's resurrected in a camp in Burma.. It was an
interesting hour on the door step. Elder Hunter, the elder I was on
exchanges with, took some videos of the last few minutes. He should of
taken videos of when I tried to teach Siv Yis. He took over so hard
and kept "prophesying" and asking: "So you still wanna teach me??" It
was an interesting day.

We had a ton of cool miracles on that exchange. We had a lot of return
appointments (from white people. We had a few Hmong people invite us
back too). We had this one lady who was having a bad day but was
trying to be nice. We said the normally hey how are you? And she said
good thanks for coming I am not interested. Elder Hunter asked if we
could pray on her doorstep and she reluctantly agreed so we did. She
definitely felt the spirit and I asked: "Is there anything we can do?
We have done anything from fixing leaky roofs to moving couches. We
will do whatever." She said that she was okay. Well, we go to the next
door and start talking to somebody. She comes back out to talk to us.
While I am talking to the guy, Elder Hunter goes to talk to her and
she says: "I am having a rough time and I am so sorry I was rude.
After you left I started to think that maybe God did send you two and
I was just denying that. So you said something about fixing leaky
roofs, turns out mine is really leaky and needs fixing, can you help
me and teach me about your message?" Well, why yes we can! Cool little
miracle. There were lots more but I am not motivated to email. So if
you really want to know, email me and ask, maybe I will be motivated
then.

The hike last week was good. It was really pretty and I am sending
photos. About the videos last week, ask me in 9 days or so for them.

So now the explanation for my subject. So we were with President Lee
and he told us this story about his wife's brother in law. He was
diagnosed with Thyroid cancer. He didn't want to go through Chemo and
that stuff so he went to see a Hmong herbal medicine man. He said that
the night before that he had a dream about using a Tub Luj (a top
basically) to cure cancer. So he told them to get wood and carve one.
So they did and he used it to massage his neck and temple. The cancer
was gone a month later. His wife's brother in law gave the top to him.

So the whole time Tsakong is just talking down on this story, so now
it became a joke that this is a magical top that can cure anything.
President Lee was sick with a cold and allergies so we tried to
convince him that he needs to use the top. Haha it was funny. So now I
found the cure everybody lololol

But that's the week...
Elder Hayden Frey





No comments:

Post a Comment