Tuesday, May 9, 2017

P-Day 96

Hi mommy

Nope I didn't feel any earthquake. And yeah we are in a trio for only one more week. President said he won't stay here. But we have transfer calls. My last one! Wow, what another wonderful week. We had beautiful weather, the sun is out, and things flew by. I cannot believe it is the last week of the transfer. 

So last P-day I tried to do the Pho Challenge. It is a flower pot almost for a bowl and you have to eat 2 pounds (dry) of Pho noodles, 2 pounds of meat and 64oz of broth in an hour. Let's just say my pace was super slow so I had to pick it up. I threw up and was disqualified. I was bummed but worth the experience!!

Tuesday we had district meeting. I gave Elder Rogers a training on diligence and he did this activity from a Zone Conference about a year ago. None if he missionaries in my district are old enough to have seen it. It was about the premortal life and the decision we made then. So we reenacted it. It was good! I was Jehovah and lovingly encourage Elder Poppleton to pick the Father's plan and Elder Rogers was Satan trying to lie and deceive and frighten Elder Poppleton into his plan. It was fun!

We got in with some people this week that we haven't seen in a while. We got to see Randy and Ty Yang. We also did some service for a nonmember Hmong guy. He owns a restaurant in Chugiak and we helped him out with his yard and he fed us. He and his wife always cook food and it was the best.

Fast and testimony meeting was a solid one. One of our older member couples just got back from a funeral and turns out they are moving. They got up and bore strong testimonies. It was a powerful meeting. I had to translate a part too. That was fun and difficult. Listening, switching the words in the brain, and then saying them out loud can be a difficult thing.

Besides that... it was a good week. We got in with a lot of people, did some tracting and had a good enjoyable week. Thanks for all the support and sorry my emails are getting worse and worse. It's difficult writing the same thing every week and making it interesting but this is the Lord's church, Thomas S. Monson is the Lord's prophet and the Book of Mormon is true! Have a good week everybody!


And for Skype calls, I am good anytime after 12 our time. We have meetings and church all before that. So let me know what works for you (: I love you!

Elder Hayden Frey



No comments:

Post a Comment